The Obisian I² Education Research Group (ERG) aims to develop and support educational initiatives that inspire students to excel, enhance their learning experience and equip them with the skills needed by future employers.
This is best achieved by sharing best practice, promoting collaboration, contributing to internal strategy documents and disseminating knowledge externally.
The Obsidian I² ERG has the following research and impact objectives:
- Support and promote publication of educational innovation via conferences, journals and other media.
- Promote research into student experience including educational effectiveness, student wellbeing, widening participation and outreach
- Act as a focal point for visiting national and international experts
- Encourage collaboration with other academic and industrial partners
- Contribute to national and international government strategies
- Provide a critical mass to enable strong grant applications with multi-disciplinary collaboration.
The Obsidian I² ERG works in close cooperation with the Obsidian I² Interaction and Multimedia (IM) and the Obsidian I² Artificial Intelligence (AI) Units.